Well, since this is going to be a series, I decided I better get organized. Here’s a list of topics – it will probably change as we go. I hope this will be useful not only to interested amateurs and professionals, but also those who use food photography in their work. Some people will find this too basic, others too advanced, I know.
- What makes a shot mouth-watering? The “Yum” factor
- Styles of photography – Visual language – composition etc
- Equipment – in the kitchen
- Equipment – photo and lighting gear
- Practical working methods
- Use of props surfaces and backgrounds
- Thinking and working digitally
- Specific camera info – hardware etc.
- Software – cropping and sizing for the web
Here’s a commercial shot I did for Dunkin’ Donuts. Does it have the “Yum” factor for you? Let’s discuss.